2017 Graduates Off to a Great Start!
We’re delighted to report on the results of the 2017 First Destination Survey (FDS).
CEU continues to do a great job preparing students to make an impact in the professional sphere of their choice.
Each year, roughly six months after graduation, CEU’s Career Services Office invites the university’s recent master’s graduates to complete the First Destination Survey and share information about their employment situation.
This year, we learned that of the 2017 master's grads who responded to the survey, 89% were employed or engaged in continuing study.
We also learned that:
- 78% of respondents were engaged in a work, internship or volunteer agreement at the moment of survey completion.
- 76% of employed respondents said their employment was directly relevant to their CEU degree.
- 2017 graduates are working in 61 countries around the world.
- 11% are engaged in further study (another master’s or a doctoral degree).
- 85% report that CEU prepared them very well for their current study.
Additionally, we noted that respondents to the 2017 First Destination Survey take a long-range approach to their career development.
Survey respondents were asked to indicate the most important factors influencing their choice of first employment after CEU (multiple answers were possible). The top three reasons respondents gave for choosing their first employment are:
- 57%: because it is an opportunity to work on a specific issue.
- 56%: because it is a chance to gain specific skills.
- 46%: because it is a stepping stone towards a future dream job.
52% of the students who completed CEU master's programs in 2017 responded to the First Destination Survey.
You can view the full report at this link.
The First Destination Survey is one of many ways that the Career Services Office contributes to institutional efforts to ensure that the university's graduates are prepared to transform their CEU experience into meaningful professional engagement, in this case by documenting, analysing and reporting on the impact of a CEU education.
The Career Services Office extends a huge thank you to all of the 2017 master’s graduates who completed the survey. Four respondents, drawn randomly, won prizes from our office. Three prizewinners received branded CEU merchandise: Evgeniya Koloskova (ENVS '17), Monika Kubová (NATI '17) and Tamas Lorincze (ECBS '17). The grand prize, a ticket to the May 2018 Alumni Reunion Gala, went to Anahit Galstyan (MEDS '17).