Spring is in the air! It’s thesis time for some. For many, it’s also a time for job and internship searches.
The Career Services Office is here to help. Below, you will find a list of handouts and resources you can use to tackle your career development at your own pace.
To make things simple, we have divided the toolkit into three main topic areas. Depending on where you’re at with your career development, you may start from Step 1, Step 2, or Step 3. Or you can simply pick and choose the resources that strike you as most useful within each step.
In addition to tools you can use on your own, you can of course always schedule a meeting with your dedicated career advisor. Current CEU students and alumni who would like to request a career advising session, complete the form at this link.
Step 1: I have done my self-assessment, I have done my research, and I am ready to send out applications and prepare for interviews
Check out the materials we’ve prepared to help you create excellent, tailored job and internship applications:
- CV/Resume Guidelines (Graduate students)
- CV/Resume Templates (for non-academic and academic applications)
- List of Action Verbs (for CV/Resume bullet points)
- Cover Letter Handout (with an example)
- Interview Preparation Checklist
Step 2: I would like to connect with alumni and other professionals to learn more about my field(s) of interest
Use these resources to make meaningful professional connections:
Step 3: I have no idea what to do and where to start!
Please don’t worry, there is no time like the present for getting started. Here are some exercises designed to help you identify and clearly communicate your skills, achievements, interests, and values:
These resources will help you define internship and job search strategies:
And get inspired by reading about what other students and alumni have been up to:
BONUS: “This was great, but I want more!”
Find some additional resources and tips below:
- Register for CareerNext, the CEU exclusive careers platform
- Book a career advising session
- Follow the CEU Career Services Office on Instagram and Facebook (Career Services Group, Doctoral Careers)
- Explore other resources on the Career Knowledge Hub